Friday, January 25, 2013

Indoor Activities for Kids....AKA...go away winter...NOW

If winter's icy grip has your kids bored to tears...you might just have to get a little bit creative...if you don't want to hear this...Mommmmm, I'm borrred.    Or...Mommmmm what can I play?  And if you're anything like me, what the tube has to offer isn't what you're looking for.  I don't mind my kids watching a bit of TV...but I want them to run and play and be creative.  So, if your life is anything like mine is and there's a pile of nasty snow outside and the kids are getting antsy for summer, then take heart...there is something for them to do and it's right in your pantry.


Grab all the paper and plastic cups you can find...and let them go at it.


It's amazing where they go when they play with a bunch of cups.  Their imagination takes flight.


My Youngest took it upon herself to build the Eiffel Tower...I love how she is like me and is a bit ambidextrous.  Go right hand and left hand!

indoor activities kids

Oh the agony when it comes tumbling down!


Oh wait...a new and ingenious idea on how to get her cups to stack better...stand on the step stool...


Nope...


When your cups won't stack, you can always practise your dance moves!


And then cut the cups into beautiful bracelets!

We are now approaching hour number two with zero complaints...I am down a few dozen cups...but it is worth it.

Good luck making it until spring and thanks for reading.


Heather

7 comments:

  1. Oh how cute is she, little groover! Isn't funny how they spend hors playing with things around the hose but leave the toys you spent actual money, cups might be good for a hot day when it's unbearable outside, think I have some left fom Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I couldn't convince her to play with a single one of her toys...luckily we got it figured out and she was good and happy. I was thinking of you using this too. Good for the cold and the heat!

      Delete
  2. What a fun post and a cute model too! Do your kids know "Cup Stacking"?
    http://www.youthopportunitiesnetwork.org/Cupstack.htm
    So much fun!! Check out some of the videos on youtube about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't know about that Danni! I am going to have to check it out. Thanks for the great tip!

      Delete
  3. I love your post, Heather! I love that she got out the step stool to help build her Eiffel Tower and then when it came crashing down, she decided to bust a move - what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just the cutest Heather!!! A great color on your walls. Maybe you could do your next recipe post with kitchen pics!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...