Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mini Quilts for Christmas...Dresden Plate fun!

You might be hearing a lot about Christmas in July right now, and for good reason.  If you are wanting to make crafts for Christmas, it is best to get started early.  Like, now.  Click here for my Dresden Plate Mini Quilt Tutorial

I have a fun quilt project that can be made, and I'm serious, from start to finish in four hours.  Okay, four hours might seem like a long time for the average project, but....start to finish on a quilt?  WOOHOO!   Take it and run, baby!   Tomorrow I'll show you the how-to...but for now we're just going to have some eye-candy fun.

I'm going to show you four of these mini quilts that I have finished. I have another currently in the works, as we speak.  I so love making these that I think I've decided to make a quilt-as-you-go quilt with Dresdens.  I am going to be all Dresden'd out before too long.  Luckily they only take four hours...and less if I'm not binding them!  Let's check out what I've got done.

Love the fun fabric behind the Dresden on this.  Wanna know a secret, it's actually fabric from a table cloth.  Go ahead and experiment with different textiles.  This project is low commitment, you can mix it up and if it fails...it won't break your heart to start over.

Upholstery fabric in the middle and pillow ticking behind.

So pretty, this one uses a low-volume, print fabric behind the Dresden.  It almost looks like a simple light gray, but it's not!

I really enjoy the solid gray on this quilt.  It allows the Dresden to really stand out.  The neutrals were fun to work with, but I couldn't resist and there's a dash of color in a couple of the prints as well as the binding.

Click here for the easy Tutorial

Thanks for reading!

Shared here:
Life after Laundry
from the farm
Cheerios and Lattes
I should be Mopping the Floor
Create with Joy
Mellywood's Mansion
Bliss Ranch
Make it Pretty Monday
Anything Blue Friday


Heather

8 comments:

  1. So pretty Heather I LOOOOVE the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gray one!! And I had to look up Dresden. Seriously. The only Dresden I've ever heard of is the Dresden Files. Book and TV series. Thanks for schooling me! Looking forward to the tutorial. I haven't made a quilt in awhile. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel those are gorgeous! I still haven't touched my sewing machine. I can't seem to find the time..or the space right now. I'm kind of loving that blue one. There are several Christmas in July link parties and I bet these see a few features!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so sweet! I wish sewing and quilting were within my skill set. Fabulous work! Following, A

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really pretty Heather. I love the red and black one.

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful!! I wouldn't have guessed table cloth material... but it really works, great tip. Pinned to several boards as these are pretty enough for all year round!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! My favorite is the last one. What a talent you have for sewing.
    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! That was a very creative and crafty quilts. I wish there are also a pattern for xmas characters like Snowman, Santa, poinsettia, etc. Thanks for sharing inspirations.

    Cheers!
    Marilyn @ Christmas decorating ideas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...