Monday, January 27, 2014

Thank you, Summer Raspberries

Winter.  January.  Blah.  Sorry to be such a downer, but I can't wait for February.  January is the month that seems to drag and be the smoggiest and yuckiest and coldiest...coldest.  Luckily I have a trick or two up my sleeves to make it through unscathed.  It's like I'm being chased by lions or something. :)

Exhibit A:

An ordinary, January breakfast.

Exhibit B:

A January breakfast that kills!  Oh yes.  Thank you, flat of raspberries I bought last August and turned into freezer jam.  A little taste of sun-ripened berries always makes the gloom and doom of January feel just a little better.

The smiles don't lie.

Thanks for reading!



Heather

9 comments:

  1. You're right, the smiles don't lie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. That looks amazing. I'm impressed you made some jam. It makes me really ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I AM making freezer jam from the strawberries this year.
    Cutie pies:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum freezer jam! Quite frankly you can have my Summer today I have sweat pouring off me in the house, with a fan on, just about to jump into a cold shower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiles and raspberry jam make the gloomy days a little sunnier :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious Heather! Those non-lieing smiles are gorgeous! We have what we call winter raspberries here, that ripen in the late fall and are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm....Jam....or hey! Raspberry wine! Oh yeah.....that makes January better....

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  8. just got some frozen berries out of the freezer to add to my cupcakes batter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!! I love freezer jam. I wonder if all my frozen raspberries would make themselves into jam?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...