Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Swoon....Done.

swoon quilt

Love.  Swoon has been such a fun quilt to make.  Once I got it figured out, it was fairly painless to construct it.   The best part about this quilt, was I used fabrics I had completely on hand.  I didn't buy a single fabric specifically for it.  Now that's a good thing.  It was also fun to hand quilt it.  I really got to enjoy the pattern and cute fabrics I chose.


I left you hanging about what binding fabric I was going to choose.  Well, there you go.  I went with the grey with aqua dots.  It was such a close call between this one and the golden rod...but I didn't want the binding to take anything away from the beautiful pattern.  So I went with understated.  Plus, it is going in my bedroom and I want peaceful colors there...mostly....unless you look at the quilt which is very bright....never mind what I said about understated.  I hate understated.


One of the reasons this quilt took so long...I decided to add several borders to the quilt, all mitered.  I like the look, but dang, this added to the time it took to finish it.  I probably won't be inspired to add four mitered borders on a quilt again in my lifetime.  The reason I added these was the quilt wouldn't have fit my queen bed otherwise.  Even as it is...it's a pretty close call.  I had meant to add one more in white...but...I had had it by this point.


Obviously it's pretty cozy for a kid sick with croup.  Poor thing.


Ooops!!  Too much messing around by Mama.  Sorry kiddo, go back to sleep.


So happy it's finally in place.  Completed and ready to keep us warm all winter.

Thanks for reading!


Heather

7 comments:

  1. WOOT WOOT! I applaud EVERY time you finish a quilt, because it is a major accomplishment that I get to do about once a year. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. This was a fun one, I can't wait until I see yours!

      Delete
  2. Heather that is so beautiful! I love the border on it! Nice job....swoon worthy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather you amaze me again. This may be my favorite yet. I want to curl up with it too. I sure hope your sweet girl is feeling all better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - this quilt to just absolutely amazing!!! You are inspiring! I love this xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...